Kemet Lapping Plates
FOR USE WITH KEMET FLAT LAPPING AND POLISHING SYSTEMS
Kemet composite lapping plates are manufactured from a homogeneous mixture of synthetic resins, metal particles and other materials.
When used with Kemet Liquid Diamond, Kemet lapping plates have a number of unique features, which make them ideal for today’s advanced lapping technology.
- Holds diamond particles firmly, ensuring both efficient stock removal and repetitive component surface finish.
- It has ductile qualities which cushion the diamond particles, preventing damage to the workpiece.
- Produced in varying hardness values so that even the softest material can, without impregnation, be safely lapped with diamond particles.
- Dissipates heat and prevents laminar flow of lapped surface.
- Easy control for optimum flatness.
- Lapping/polishing plates to fit all makes of lapping machines with plate diameters up to 3000mm.
- Supplied with a cast iron backing plate for maximum stability.
The most commonly used plate. For general-purpose stock removal and lapping applications.
Gives improved flat polished surfaces on many materials.
Mirror surfaces can often be produced on harder materials also using this plate.
Used to lap softer materials where fine lapping and polishing are the primary requirements.
One of the softest Kemet Plates used for mirror polishing with fine grades of Kemet Liquid Diamond.
One of the hardest Kemet Plates. Used for special applications often where a cleaner lapping process is required.
STANDARD KEMET LAPPING PLATES
Kemet Lapping Plates are normally supplied mounted on a cast iron backing plate for maximum stability. They are recommended for general and heavy-duty work where high precision flatness and surface finish are required.
KEMET LIFT OFF DISC SYSTEM
Kemet Lapping Plates are also available as Lift Off Discs, for machines up to 380mm (15”) dia. Kemet Lift Off Discs are supplied mounted on an aluminium backing plate, which locates on to an aluminium drive plate by means of three pegs. Lift Off Discs can be easily changed and are recommended for light duty work where general flatness and precision finish are required.
GROOVING OF KEMET LAPPING PLATES
Kemet Lapping Plates can be supplied grooved to suit specific applications.
KEMET ANNULAR GROOVED PLATES
These plates have been designed for precision shoulder lapping of a wide range of parts e.g. fuel pump gear faces, pressure relief valve caps. They are available in various groove widths and depths to suit the part being lapped. Groove width and depth need to be specified.